15 October 2007

We're baack!

Well, the Little Man missed the memo. I was supposed to be on retreat taking in the fantastic food, yoga and healthful meals at Locanda del Gallo in Umbria. [Yes, contest is now over and thanks to those who guessed] The Little Man was NOT sleeping (I suspect he was still jet lagged from the U.S. the previous week) nor was he eating. We wound up driving back home earlier than planned with me sulking the whole way home.
So what do quasi Neapolitans eat when they get home??PIZZA of course! It is tradition that we either eat pizza or pasta as soon as we get home because nowhere else in the world is it as good. My favorite kind is a simple Marinara with fresh rocket (arugula) on top. Just the wonderful tomato sauce, garlic and fresh olive oil --mmmm... Little Man and his father prefer the pizza ai quattro formaggi.
[sorry I would have taken a photo of the yummy pizzas but I was just too hungry to stand there and not eat it up]

No comments: